When it comes to beach food in Mexico, there's nothing better than tequila and fresh shrimp, and this recipe has it all. Tequila shrimp is undoubtedly a signature dish of the Mexican coast.
It is well known that everything is better with tequila and much more if there are delicious shrimp recipes, but don't worry, this recipe is suitable for the whole family, since alcohol is out of the game.
Tequila shrimp ceviche or shrimp with salsa and fresh vegetables?
This tequila lime shrimp recipe gives you the freedom to choose how to enjoy its aromatic flavor. Plus, it's one of the healthiest options for juicy, flavorful seafood you'll find.
You decide how to enjoy your favorite seafood. Prepare a ceviche by mixing shrimp with cucumber, tomato, and onion, or enjoy a tequila shrimp cocktail in a bowl with extra lime juice and vegetables. Both options are delicious and refreshing.
Want to twist your tequila lime shrimp? Try adding creamy salsa and grilled vegetables for a more intense flavor. Also, add a touch of elegance to your dishes by julienne your vegetables.
What do you need?
- 5 large shrimp (pre-seasoned with salt to taste, you can marinate for a few minutes in tequila)
- 1 shot of tequila
- 50 g pumpkin (julienne cut)
- 50 g carrots (julienne cut)
- 50 g red bell pepper (julienne cut)
- 30 g onion
- 60 g broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 150 g table cream
- Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced and soaked in 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let's get ready!
- Preheat the frying pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, remember to do it over low heat.
- Without increasing the flame, add the vegetables: pumpkin, carrot, pepper, and broccoli, and sauté.
- Once the vegetables are sautéed, set them aside on a plate.
- In the pan, add 2 more tablespoons of oil, along with the garlic and onion.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 shot of tequila and continue cooking over medium heat.
- CAUTION: At this point, it is important to avoid making sudden movements with the pan to avoid accidents, remember that tequila is flammable.
- Add the shrimp to the vegetables that we had separated, only the shrimp, make sure that the butter and garlic remain in the pan.
- Pour the table cream over the butter and season with pepper to taste to make the sauce creamy.
- Now just top your shrimp with the sauce and enjoy.
Undoubtedly, this is one of the chef's recipes to keep at home. It's time to put what you've learned into practice and impress your guests with this super versatile and delicious recipe.
You may be interested in reading 10 Mexico Food Facts.